Express card (EX 8) and 0.00 in U.S. currency (EX 9) were seized from CAPONE's
top right dresser drawer.
7.1 AT 0540, 1 Oct XX, TRACY apprehended CAPONE for Larceny of Private Property.
7.2 At 0600, 1 Oct XX, TRACY arrived at room 18 and apprehended BARROW for Larceny
of Private Property.
Interview of Subject(s):
8.1 AT 0645, 1 Oct XX, CAPONE was interviewed by TRACY. CAPONE waived his rights
and provided a sworn written statement (EX 5).
CAPONE stated that he and BARROW
took JONES' wallet while he was asleep in the dayroom, throwing the wallet away and
keeping 0.00 and an American Express card.
8.2 AT 0730, 1 Oct XX, BARROW was interviewed by TRACY. BARROW waived his rights
and provided a sworn written statement (EX 6) admitting that he assisted CAPONE in
Disposition of Subject(s):
9.1 AT 0900, 1 Oct XX, CAPONE and BARROW were released to their unit (1SG SMITH).
10. Other Investigative Aspects:
10.1 Due to the stolen items being located during the search of CAPONE's room, a
search was not conducted of room 18 (BARROW'S room).
LAW ENFORCEMENT RECORDS CHECK: A criminal records
concerning CAPONE and BARROW met with negative results.
1. Statement of POE, dated 1 Oct XX.
2. Statement of JONES, dated 1 Oct XX.
3. Search Authorization, Room 12, Bldg 2813, dated 1 Oct XX.
4. Search Authorization, Room 18, Bldg 2813, dated 1 Oct XX.
5. Rights Waiver/Statement of CAPONE, dated 1 Oct XX.
6. Rights Waiver/Statement of BARROW, dated 1 Oct XX.