23. Deputy Commandant. The commandant may delegate to the deputy commandant any duties
except those that are specifically imposed upon the commandant by the Uniform Code of Military
Justice. Appropriation acts, or other statutory provisions, or those which, because of their manifest
importance or existing local conditions, may not be appropriately delegated.
24. Director of Operations. Subject to the direction of the commandant, the director of custody will
have immediate charge of all prisoners and responsible for the custody, control, discipline, care, and
security of the prisoners.
25. Inmate Services Division. This officer plans, organizes, and supervises recreational activities
for prisoners. Is responsible for the procurement, issue, and proper maintenance and care of all
special services equipment, including procurement of films and operation and supervision of motion
pictures. Also responsible for supervision of the prisoner band, including proper maintenance and
care of equipment.
26. Director of Program services. This director formulates policy and coordinates administrative
activities such as central filing, mailing, reproduction, publications, and forms management.
Administers personnel actions and directs the maintenance of records for military personnel.
Coordinates personnel actions for civilian personnel and directs management and appropriated
funds budget programming activities. Exercises staff supervision over receipt, disbursement, and
accounting for all nonappropriated funds, and related activities.
27. Director of Prisoner Administration. This director is responsible for assignment and disposition
28. Social workers and psychologists will provide ongoing mental health, social work, and
consultative services in support of the correctional treatment program. At those facilities where a
mental health or social work professional is not assigned, the Chief, Community Mental Health, of
the supporting medical facility will serve as consultant to the facility commander on all matters
pertaining to mental health, welfare, and personal well-being of individuals referred for services.
29. Chaplain. The senior facility chaplain is the commander's staff officer responsible for
performing or providing opportunity for religious faith practices for prisoners.
30. Staff Judge Advocate. The installation Staff Judge Advocate will serve as legal advisor to the
facility commander and staff and will assist in providing the legal materials necessary to support
prisoner needs for access to legal libraries.
31. Parole Officer. Individuals released on parole (parolees) are under the direct supervision of
federal probation officers.
32. Custodian of Nonappropriated Funds. The custodian is responsible for safekeeping and
accounting for all nonappropriated funds as prescribed in pertinent regulations and directives. If a
single custodian of nonappropriated funds is not available to carry on the many and varied functions
required in the administration and control of these funds, commandants are authorized to designate
one officer as custodian of the vocational training fund and a separate officer as custodian of the
inmate welfare fund and prisoner personnel deposit fund. When personnel are available, a separate
custodian for each fund is authorized.