10. The authority ordering an individual into confinement will send the confinement facility
a properly completed DD Form 2707 (Confinement Order) when the individual is confined. The
DD Form 2707 will contain the name, grade, and organization of the individual and the specific
offense(s) of which the individual is convicted or accused. No facility commander will refuse to
receive or keep any prisoner committed to his charge when the authority ordering the confinement
furnishes a properly executed DD Form 2707 (Article 21a, UCMJ). When a prisoner is hospitalized
in a medical facility under the command of the surgeon general, travel orders pertaining to the
prisoner will be sufficient authority for confinement in the hospitalized prisoner ward and, upon
release, for return to his designated place of confinement.
11. ACS commanders remain responsible for the control and correctional treatment of all
prisoners confined in their facilities regardless of service affiliation. Other-service prisoners will be
employed and receive professional services support at a level equal to that provided to Army
12. Other-service prisoners in ACS facilities will be evaluated with respect to clemency,
parole, and return to duty per DoDI 1325.7 and an appropriate Interservice Support Agreement
(ISA). When disposition boards are conducted, the membership will include, at the option of the
parent service, a member of the parent service.
13. The parent service of other-service prisoners in the ACS will be notified of all actual or
alleged serious incidents, accidents, criminal acts, misconduct, or disturbances involving other-
service personnel or prisoners through liaisons established according to service level ISA.
14. Other-service prisoners will be attached to an appropriate ACS facility for rations and
quarters upon convening authority action approving the sentence. General court-martial convening
authority will remain with the parent service until the prisoner is formally discharged. Upon
execution of the prisoner's discharge, the prisoner will be reassigned to the General Court-Martial
(GCM) authority of the Army facility in which the prisoner is incarcerated.
15. As established in the ISA, the services of prisoners confined in ACS facilities will:
a. Process service-unique administrative actions associated with prisoner shipments to
other facilities and provide escorts required for their transfer.
b. Escort prisoners to and from ACS facilities for service-unique and service-directed
c. Provide service-unique administrative support for prisoners in ACS facilities to
include maintenance of pay, health, and personnel and legal records.
16. Department of the Army, Provost Marshal General (DAPM) and the respective service
headquarters will resolve issues involving other service prisoners requiring special management.
Other-service prisoners recommended for transfer to a federal institution will be coordinated by
DAPM. Concurrence of the appropriate service secretary is required.