(3) Insurance that evidence is being received, processed, safeguarded,
and disposed of properly.
b. Recording inspections. The following statement will be entered in the
evidence ledger. It will follow just below the last entry. The statement will
be signed by the commander, investigator in charge, provost marshal, or
, certify that on
, per AR 195-5, I
inspected the evidence room. Evidence is being processed per AR 195-5 (with no
exceptions or the following exceptions).
Inventories of Depository.
a. Inventories of the evidence depository will be made:
(1) Once each calendar quarter.
(2) Upon change of primary custodian.
(3) Upon loss of evidence while stored in the depository or breach of
security of the depository.
(1) The supervisor will send to the proper commander a written request
(2) The appointing authority will select an officer who is not a current
member of USACIDC or assigned to MP activities. They will furnish the CID unit
a copy of the appointing document (letter or memo).
conduct the quarterly inventory.
(4) Ample time will be taken before the inventory to thoroughly brief
the disinterested officer. Such briefing will cover all custodian functions as
well as appropriate provisions in AR 195-5.
(5) Steps to be taken in the quarterly inventory are as follows:
(a) Make a physical count of evidence. Verify that evidence in the
depository corresponds with that shown on custody documents.
(b) Cross reference all custody documents
(c) Ensure that copies of custody documents in the suspense file are
properly annotated with: