(3) Storage areas.
(5) Filing cabinets.
(6) Door and gates.
been identified. Items to be considered are discussed below.
a. Key custodian/alternate.
A primary/alternate key custodian is the
person who will:
(1) Be appointed in writing to issue and receive keys and maintain
accountability for office, unit, or activity keys.
(2) Ensure that individuals are designated to issue, receive, and
account for keys in his or her absence and that they clearly understand local
key control procedures.
(3) Maintain a key control register at all times to ensure continuous
accountability for keys of locks used to secure Government property.
(4) Be listed on an access roster.
b. Key control register.
The key control register must contain the
(1) Key number.
(2) Date and time of issuance.
(3) Printed name and signature of issuer.
(4) Printed name and signature of receiver.
(5) Date and time of return.
(6) Printed name and signature of receiver.