h. Action taken by military police. Enter the names of all personnel charged with any offense.
Enter all data required in the "Name" and "Address" portion of the report under "Occupants" if their
name does not appear elsewhere on this form. List a report number for each person charged. If cited
on a DD Form 1805 or 1408, enter the number of the form. Complete all blocks in this section
applicable to the accident. Enter the names of other agencies in the investigation. If another agency
did the entire investigation, state "All information supplied by Mobile, AL PD." Enter the name and
grade of the person conducting the investigation and have them sign.
Complete the approval line as required by standing operating procedures (SOP).
PART F - VIOLATION NOTICE (DD FORM 1805).
a. This form is used by law enforcement personnel in conjunction with the U.S. Magistrate or U.S.
District Court to cite violators for minor offenses IAW AR 190-29. The provost marshal will coordinate
with the U.S. Magistrate of his area for the following:
(1) A list of minor offenses for which mail-in procedures are authorized and the amount of
collateral for each offense.
(2) The amount of the fine for each specific offense.
(3) A list of minor offenses which require a mandatory appearance of the violator before the
b. The form is a four-ply citation printed on carbon paper and prenumbered in a series for
accounting control. The form will be bound in books of 10 violation notices per book.
c. Information entered on DD Form 1805 is dependent upon:
(1) VIOLATION: The type of violation (standing, moving traffic violation, or non-traffic offense).
(2) MANDATORY APPEARANCE: If the offense requires a mandatory court appearance
before a U.S. Magistrate, check the appropriate box on the violation notice. Do not mark a violation
notice for mandatory appearance unless the forfeiture schedule shows that the offense requires such
(3) REQUEST FOR APPEARANCE: If the offender requests an appearance, instruct him to
properly mark his copy of the violation and mail to the Central Violation Bureau.
(4) SEPARATE VIOLATION NOTICES: Do not issue ONE violation notice for more than one
offense. A separate violation notice must be completed for each offense.
(5) PREPARATION OF VIOLATION NOTICES: In preparing Violation Notices, use a ballpoint
pen and all copies should be clearly legible. Check