a location. However, do not use mobile objects, such as a footlocker. This information belongs in the
details of the report.
i. Time of Offense. The exact time should be indicated by the military 24-hour clock. If the
exact time is unknown, the most accurate time range is indicated (for example, between 2300 and 0800).
When using a time range enter the beginning time of the incident in the top of Block 5 and the ending
time in the bottom of the same block.
j. Date of Offense. The date is indicated in the year/month/date format. If an exact day is
unknown, a date range is noted (for example, between 970704 and 090705). When using a date range,
enter the beginning date of the incident in the top of Block 6 and the ending date in the bottom of the
k. Offense Codes. The correct offense code must be listed for all reports. The codes are found
in AR 190-45 (an extract is at the end of this subcourse).
l. Complaint Received By. Blocks 8, 9, and 10 are completed as follows:
- The Complaint Received By block contains the rank (not grade, i.e., SFC, not E7), and
the name of the person receiving the complaint (last name in capitals, first, MI). This
person is usually the desk sergeant.
- The hour received is stated in terms of the military 24-hour clock.
- The date received is expressed in the six-digit (year-month-date) format.
m. MP Action Referred To. Check the applicable block or blocks. The "Other" block refers to
other agencies. When this block is checked, the agency must be specified, such as Federal Bureau of
Investigation (FBI). The date referred must be in the six-digit (year/month/date) format.
n. Name of Subject. This block contains the offender's name. Enter the last name (all in capital
letters), first name (upper/lower case), and middle name. If the subject has no middle name, indicate by
"NMN." Blocks 12a through 12o should contain other data on the subject. We will discuss only those
which are not self-explanatory.
- 12a should contain the authorized pay grade for military or DOD civilian personnel, for
example, El or GS8.
- Persons other than those above will be identified by "CIV" for civilian or "FM" for
Army family members.
- 12b for military and DOD civilian personnel should list their organization. For other
civilians, the home address, zip code, and telephone number is listed.