PART B - MILITARY POLICE REPORT (DA FORM 3975).
Military Police Report, DA Form 3975 is used to record information of complaints received, incidents
observed or reported to the military police, and actions taken by them. It is also used to inform the
commander concerned of incidents involving his command. (See Figures 1-3 and 1-4.)
a. The Purpose of the Report:
(1) To record information or complaints observed by or reported to military police and actions
(2) Apprise commanders of offenses and incidents involving their command.
(3) Serve as a record of investigation.
(4) To record data about investigations conducted by civilian law enforcement agencies which
would be of concern to the Army.
b. The report is initiated by the desk sergeant upon receipt of information indicating that police
action is required. Completing the form as information is received assures that complaints are recorded
in order. These are assigned for follow-up, disposed of, or referred, and posted to the DA Form 3997.
c. The report may also be begun and completed by military police taking action (i.e., apprehending
an offender) without referrals from the desk sergeant.
d. Reporting Formats. The DA Form 3975 is prepared in one of two ways:
(1) It may be prepared as an INITIAL REPORT by the desk sergeant or an MP.