inspectors or adjusters, government inspectors at national, state, and local
levels, service industry representatives, contractors, employees, etc.
(2) Sometimes individuals or groups just want to visit a post, and
their purpose is not essential to operations. Such visits may be desired by
business, educational, technical, or scientific groups. Persons or groups
wishing to further their particular interest may also request entry.
(3) Individuals or groups are often sponsored by government agencies.
Requests for visits by foreign nationals should be processed in accordance
with AR 380-25.
(4) Some individuals and groups the government generally encourages.
This is because of the contributions they make to economic and technical
The groups also aid defense production in the US and/or in
(5) Guided tours visit selected portions of posts in the interest of
c. The government tries to exclude from the US certain foreign
nationals. These are those whose backgrounds indicate they might engage in
espionage or sabotage.
The government excludes them through visa,
immigration, naturalization and related procedures.
A foreign national
issued an entrance visa or admitted to the US should not be considered free
of security problems.
d. Arrangements for the ID and control of visitors may include the
(1) Positive ways of establishing the authority for
visitors. Limitations relative to entry should be established.
(2) Positive ID of visitors by personal recognition, visitor permit,
or other credentials. The employer, supervisor, or office in charge should
be contacted. They can determine the validity of the visit.
(3) Availability and use of visitor registration forms and records.
These provide a record of identity of the visitor. Such logs also record
the time and duration of the visit, and other important control data.
(4) Availability and use of visitor cards or badges. These should be
They should indicate as much of the following
information as possible.
(a) Bearer's name, or visitor.
(b) Area or areas to which entry is authorized.
(c) Escort requirements, if any.
(d) Expiration date.