REQUIREMENT: The following questions are multiple choice and true/false. You are to select the one
that is correct. Indicate your choice by CIRCLING the letter beside the correct choice directly on these
pages. This is a self-graded lesson exercise. Do not look up the correct answer from the lesson
solution sheet until you have finished. To do so will endanger your ability to learn this material. Also,
your final examination score will tend to be lower than if you had not followed this recommendation.
1. Holding areas should be placed at one end of the defile only.
2. In the event of nuclear attack, holding areas should be:
2 to 3 miles from defile.
At each end of defile.
2 to 3 kilometers from defile.
Next to security positions.
3. All are methods to operate a defile EXCEPT:
4. MP operating a defile must establish security throughout the defile.
5. Prior to emplacing a defile you must:
Do a MAP recon.
Do an AIR recon.
Do a recon.
Draw an OVERLAY.