g. Use of Promise to Appear (see Figure 1-11), bottom of the form.
(1) This portion will be used only according to the policy and instructions from the U.S.
Magistrate or District Court and the Installation Staff Judge Advocate. If used, it will be keyed to the
number of the DD Form 1805 issued to the violator.
(2) Completing Promise to Appear is self explanatory.
h. Distribution of DD Form 1805.
(1) The original (white) and the first copy (yellow) will be forwarded by the next working day to
the Central Violations Bureau of the local U.S. District Court.
(2) The next copy (pink) is kept by the issuing authority.
(3) The next copy (gold card stock) is issued as follows:
(a) For violations occurring when the violator is absent (parking offense), all entries
concerning him will be left blank. The copy will be placed on his vehicle.
In all other cases the copy will be issued to the violator.
PART G -ARMED FORCES TRAFFIC TICKET (DD FORM 1408).
a. This form should he used in lieu of DD Form 1805 for all traffic violations of military regulations.
The form may be used as a warning notice for certain violations outlined by SOP. When used as such
the MP must check the WARNING block and explain reasons for warning notice in the remarks section.
The warning notice may be processed as an actual traffic ticket or filed in accordance with SOP.
b. Completing DD Form 1408. (See Figures 1-12 through 1-15.)
(1) Violator's last name followed by first name and middle initial (1).
(2) Violator's name (2), date of birth (year-month-day)(3), and SSN (4).
(3) The violator's unit address (5) with zip code and state where the military installation is.
(4) Vehicle's identification.
Driver's license number (6).
Issuing authority (7).