11. Brief Team Members.
a. Mission. Tell members what information is to be collected, conditions, characteristics, and the
trafficability of the route for military use. Also relate information about enemy activity.
b. Route: Route to be reconnoitered.
c. Type information needed:
(1) Curves - radius of the curves.
(2) Slopes - percent of grades.
(3) Ambush sites - areas where enemy elements can place direct fire on the route.
(4) Bridges - type construction, weight classification, width, etc.
(5) Tunnels/underpasses - overhead clearance, width, length, etc.
(6) NBC hazards - identify routes that are clear of contamination.
(7) Road conditions - type of surface material, general condition, drainage, etc.
(1) Circulation control: Holding areas, alternate routes, TCP locations, etc.
(2) Security measures to be taken.
12. Action to be Taken in Case of Enemy Attack.
Undertake combat only to gain the desired information, in self-defense, or when ordered to do so.
Do not risk a mission by unnecessary combat.
13. Review Steps for Preparing Overlay.
This is a reminder to make sure the team has not forgotten how to do an overlay.
14. Review SOI.
Call signs and radio frequencies.
15. Review Control Measures.
a. Phase lines.