The amount of collateral (the fine), set by the court for the violation. If the offense
requires a mandatory court appearance, this block will remain blank.
Mandatory or optional court appearances. Box A is for offenses that require a court
appearance. Box B is used when the defendant has a choice of either forfeiting
collateral or appearing in court.
e. DD Form 1805 Statement of Probable Cause.
(1) This statement serves as the basis for an arrest warrant or a summons if the offender failed
to appear before the U.S. Magistrate or to pay the fine.
(2) The statement should be completed at the same time as the DD Form 1805.
(3) Used according to local guidance from the Installation staff judge advocate and the U.S.
Magistrate or District Court.
(4) Will be keyed to the number of the DD Form 1805 issued to the violator or offender.
f. Completing Statement of Probable Cause (see Figure 1-11).
(1) Enter violation date.
(2) Location of violation.
(3) Site and District of the Court.
(4) This section should contain a standard statement agreed upon by SJA and the local
Magistrate. This should describe the violation and will contain specifics should an arrest warrant be
(5) Place an X in one of the boxes provided.
(6) The issuing officer will enter the date (day, month, year), their signature, printed name, and
(7) To be completed by the United States Magistrate.