(1) Document number. Used by the evidence custodian.
(2) MPR/CID number. The military report number will be entered. This number is copied from
DA Form 4137.
(3) Item number. Use the same number or sequence used on DA Form 4137. For example, if
the property is item number 2 and there are 6 items listed on the DA Form 4137, write "2 of 6 items." (4)
Remarks. Brief notes may be entered to identify the item (such as key, pistol, TV, etc.).
PART K - RIGHTS WARNING PROCEDURE/WAIVER CERTIFICATE (DA FORM 3881).
a. The Rights Warning Certificate must be filled out prior to questioning a suspect or accused
person. The MP must advise a suspect of their rights under the provisions of Article 31, UCMJ or under
the Miranda ruling. The Rights Warning Procedure/Waiver Certificate is a fact of record that the
suspect or accused person was advised and understood their legal rights and is or is not willing to
discuss the offense(s) under Investigation. When an apprehension is made by an MP the Rights
Warning Card, GTA 19-6-6 should be used to inform the suspect of his rights. The MP should read the
card verbatim to the suspect or accused to avoid courtroom conflict should the question of rights
warning arise. (See Figure 1-21.)
b. Completing the DA Form 3881. (See Figure 1-22.)
(1) Location: Place where the DA Form 3881 is completed post or city, state, and zip code).
(2) Date: Date the form is prepared.
(3) Time: Have the suspect/accused enter the time.
Use military time, and have the
suspect/accused initial above it.
(4) File Number: Military police report number.
(5) Suspect's/accused's last name, first name, and middle initial or full middle name.
(6) Social Security Number: Suspect's/accused's social security number.
(7) Grade: Suspect's/accused's rank (example: PFC, CPT) if military, if civilian employed by
the U.S. Government, enter the civilian pay grade (example: GS-07).
(8) Organization/Address: Suspect's/accused's military organization (unit) if they are military,
or civilian address if they are civilian. Include post, city, state, and zip code as applicable. If the civilian
is employed by the U.S. Government, write their organization in this block.