Figure 1-7. Military Police Desk Reference, DA Form 3998.
d. Completing Military Police Desk Reference Card, DA Form 3998
(1) Name. The last name is first (should be all capitals) first name and middle initial. If no
middle initial put NMI in capital letters.
(2) The grade referred to is the pay grade (E4, E5, E6, etc.) not rank.
(4) Enter the unit of the individual in the ORGANIZATION block.
(5) The STATION block should contain the name of the installation, state, and zip code.
(6) The BLOTTER ENTRY block should contain: The entry number, the blotter date (year,
month, day), the offense, the individuals involved in the case, the police report number.
PART E - MILITARY POLICE TRAFFIC ACCIDENT REPORT (DA FORM 3946).
a. DA Form 3946 is prepared for all traffic accidents reported to the military police (see Figures 1-8
b. The traffic accident report is used as follows:
(1) Record data of traffic accidents reported to and invest gated by the military police.
(2) Provide data for analysis, review, and to support accident prevention and safety programs.
c. Military vehicles involved in accidents with nonmilitary vehicles are recorded as vehicle number
1. If all vehicles are the same, they are numbered